[Ecls-list] Recursive mutex and condition variable

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Sun Feb 28 22:09:33 UTC 2010

On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 8:39 AM, Yue Li <xyly781 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Here may I ask whether there are recursive mutex lock and
> condition variable implemented somewhere in ECL

The appropriate functions are defined in src/c/thread.d and
src/c/thread_mutex.d You will find that all lock creation functions
have a :RECURSIVE keyword argument that allows creating recursive
locks.

> And I would
> appreciate if the documentation on multithreading could be updated

The documentation is indeed out of date, but I am really under
pressure here. I can not devote more time to ECL than I do now, and
even that may suffer in the near future.

I am really glad that more people and more projects are using ECL
right now, but this does not seem to have as a consequence that other
people stand up as regular contributors or volunteer as maintainers
and that is dangerous for the project and for my own sanity.

If you find it useful, then please consider updating the docs yourself
starting from the latest version in
   http://ecls.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=ecls/ecl-doc