[Ecls-list] Hello everyone

dherring at tentpost.com dherring at tentpost.com
Sun Feb 21 18:33:49 UTC 2010

Francisco Vides Fernández wrote:
> 	Now we need develop some components for windows, and I think that
> Common Lisp is the ideal choice for developing portable code which can be
> deployed as native compiled code, and Ecl is AFAIK the best at it.
>
> 	My question is: which development stack do you use in windows for ECL?
> Is Emacs+Slime the best choice or should I try something else? Makefile
> and
> company or Visual something for building/compiling/scripting/whatever?

Juanjo already answered most of your question.  Here's a bit more.

I know of three free CL editors on windows:
- emacs/slime  http://common-lisp.net/project/slime/
- ABLE         http://common-lisp.net/project/able/
- LispIDE      http://www.daansystems.com/lispide/

Of these, slime and ABLE are cross-platform, and featureset is roughly
slime > LispIDE > ABLE.  I don't think LispIDE or ABLE have been tested
with ECL on mswin.  If you do try ABLE, I recently fixed an Ltk bug on
mswin; the patch hasn't been committed to svn yet (see the devel list).

As for compilation, I think you can leverage ASDF to compile most of your
lisp files.  Then sprinkle a little magic into your normal build system to
link these into the executable (or install them next to it).

Later,
Daniel