[Ecls-list] Latest changes

Tobias C. Rittweiler tcr at freebits.de
Thu Feb 18 11:19:59 UTC 2010

Marko Kocić <marko.kocic at gmail.com>
writes:

> On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 12:03 AM, Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll
> <juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> - TRUENAME and DIRECTORY are now thread safe. They no longer rely on
>> chdir() to grovel the filesystem, but rather use stat() and a
>> recursive inspection of the pathnames.
>>
>> - --enable-precisegc has been deactivated by default.
>
> It seems in is not --enable-precisegc, but --enable-gengc that is
> causing problems (I had both enabled). After disabling only precisegc
> I had the same problems reported with slime as before. After also
> disabling gengc, the problems went away and slime works ok again.
>
> I just tried enabling precisegc and disabling gengc, and slime works
> ok for me so far, so it is gengc causing problems, not precisegc, at
> least in my case (multithreaded, unicode enabled 64bit linux build)
>
> As a tangential question, is there a way to tell if profile is
> available or not before requiring it?

I asked the same question (I think in a private mail, though) a few days
ago. My local (uncommitted) version of swank-ecl.lisp uses

    (when (probe-file "sys:profile.fas")
      (require :profile)
      (pushnew :profile *features*))
    (when (probe-file "sys:serve-event.fas")
      (require :serve-event)
      (pushnew :serve-event *features*)))

I do wonder if sys: is a good name, and whether a contrib: translation
should instead be incorporated and used instead.

  -T.