[Ecls-list] Latest changes

Marko Kocić marko.kocic at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 11:11:40 UTC 2010

On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 12:03 AM, Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll
<juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com> wrote:
> - TRUENAME and DIRECTORY are now thread safe. They no longer rely on
> chdir() to grovel the filesystem, but rather use stat() and a
> recursive inspection of the pathnames.
>
> - --enable-precisegc has been deactivated by default.

It seems in is not --enable-precisegc, but --enable-gengc that is
causing problems (I had both enabled). After disabling only precisegc
I had the same problems reported with slime as before. After also
disabling gengc, the problems went away and slime works ok again.

I just tried enabling precisegc and disabling gengc, and slime works
ok for me so far, so it is gengc causing problems, not precisegc, at
least in my case (multithreaded, unicode enabled 64bit linux build)

As a tangential question, is there a way to tell if profile is
available or not before requiring it?

Regards,
Marko