[Ecls-list] Question #1

Samium Gromoff _deepfire at feelingofgreen.ru
Tue Feb 16 10:47:20 UTC 2010

From: dherring at tentpost.com
>> It has been suggested to me that I should use a version number with a finer
>> granularity than the current release code, ideally increasing with _every_
>> commit.
>
> IMO, that's a bad idea.  Version numbers are for releases; people tracking
> a version-control system are responsible for doing just that.

Do you think that it doesn't work for SBCL?

Consider this in a wider context: boinkmarks, irc -- you have nice identifiers
to which you can mentally attach results, authors and changes..

I agree that it does work for SBCL especially well, because its commits
have a large granularity -- which, FWIW, isn't especially the case of ECL.

regards,
  Samium Gromoff
--
"Actually I made up the term 'object-oriented', and I can tell you I
did not have C++ in mind." - Alan Kay (OOPSLA 1997 Keynote)