[Ecls-list] INCF/1+ and LOOP differences at same OPTIMIZE/SAFETY levels

Matthew Mondor mm_lists at pulsar-zone.net
Fri Dec 24 11:32:29 UTC 2010

On Fri, 24 Dec 2010 11:54:44 +0100
Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll <juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com> wrote:

> I have fixed SETF to at least recognize the simple case in which there are
> only variables involved and not multiple temporary values. Now the behavior
> should be as you expected

Thanks!

I also was worried that the loss of safety due to inlining (which has
potential for wrapping) might be problematic, but after more testing I
notice that ecl_one_plus() is used unless the variable is explicitely
defined as being a fixnum.  I beleive that all is fine then, as we can
leave responsibility to the coder to use fixnums in a sane way...
--
Matt