[Ecls-list] fatal: relocation errors on Solaris x86 and OpenSolaris 64-bit.

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Wed Dec 22 11:50:31 UTC 2010

On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 2:48 AM, David Kirkby <david.kirkby at onetel.net>wrote:

> Removing the compiler options
>  -G -Bdynamic
> and replacing with
>  -shared -Wl,-soname,libcliquer.so
> solved another text relocation issue in Sage
> http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/ticket/9871

Well, it is the same problem here. I simply assumed that gcc was properly
interpreting the Solaris flags for shared library building, but it dit not:
it passed those flags to the linker, but did not realize that a shared
library was being built

> However, in that case, someone who did not know what they were doing
> converted a executable to a shared library, so I would not put too
> much weight into this.

Be glad that you did not bet any money on this, because that is what solves
the problems in ECL :-)

-bash-4.0$ elfdump libecl.so |grep TEXTREL

I will produce a patch later on this afternoon, when I get unfirewalled
internet access again.