[Ecls-list] fatal: relocation errors on Solaris x86 and OpenSolaris 64-bit.

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Tue Dec 21 19:27:00 UTC 2010

On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 1:48 AM, Dr. David Kirkby
<david.kirkby at onetel.net>wrote:

> drkirkby at hawk:/tmp/ecl$ elfdump -d ./build/libecl.so |  fgrep TEXTREL
>       [23]  TEXTREL           0
>       [31]  FLAGS             0x4                 [ TEXTREL ]

David, it seems that GMP, or at least the version we build and the way we
build it, is to be blamed for the TEXTREL sections:

-bash-4.0$ gcc -fPIC -dy -G -o foo.so libeclgmp.a
-bash-4.0$ elfdump foo.so|grep TEXT
      [19]  TEXTREL           0
      [28]  FLAGS             0x4                 [ TEXTREL ]

I am now trying to build with pre-existing libraries to see whether the
problem is gone.