[Ecls-list] ecl cvs get code(10.7.1) compile has error

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Sat Dec 18 08:27:01 UTC 2010

On Sat, Dec 18, 2010 at 4:12 AM, Matthew Mondor <mm_lists at pulsar-zone.net>wrote:

> I see a number of opensource projects which used to support mingw32 but
> which no longer officially do, however.  So cheers for caring.

I only do it because there is a persistent demand for it.

Mingw32+Msys is a rather slow, inconvenient and difficult to use toolchain.
I understand the library distribution issues, but once ECL's NSIS system is
brought back online one could probably include the MSVC runtime in it
without much problems. As for the cross-compilation part, nowadays this is
not a problem, given the existence of VirtualBox and other virtualization
software that allows you to run Windows, log into it via ssh, share files,
build, download the result...