[Ecls-list] Slime build failure (Was: Project status)

Matthew Mondor mm_lists at pulsar-zone.net
Sun Dec 12 20:40:06 UTC 2010

On Sun, 12 Dec 2010 20:09:13 +0100
Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll <juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com> wrote:

> I identified the problem and fixed it. Slime is building pathnames with
> components of type (array character (*)) while the operating system (or at
> least the ECL routines) only accept (array base-char (*)). I have added a
> filter that coerces all strings in pathnames to the second type if possible.
> If it is not possible, then those filenames are using characters beyond the
> 256 lowest Unicode codepoints, which is not accepted by ECL.

I could indeed see the ECL_BASE_STRING_P() check in enter_directory()
but had no idea how come that case wasn't problematic before or with
other software.

After your fix, I could test current ECL with current SLIME and confirm
they work great together again :)

Thanks again,

More information about the ecl-devel mailing list