[Ecls-list] Slime build failure (Was: Project status)

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Sun Dec 12 19:09:13 UTC 2010

On Sun, Dec 12, 2010 at 5:23 AM, Matthew Mondor <mm_lists at pulsar-zone.net>wrote:

> On Sat, 11 Dec 2010 14:55:21 -0500
> Matthew Mondor <mm_lists at pulsar-zone.net> wrote:
> > I'll also try with an up to date slime when I have more time, but I
> > wanted to post this in case the origin of the problem seems obvious to
> > others.
> It also happens with today's SLIME CVS HEAD and an empty ~/.eclrc

I identified the problem and fixed it. Slime is building pathnames with
components of type (array character (*)) while the operating system (or at
least the ECL routines) only accept (array base-char (*)). I have added a
filter that coerces all strings in pathnames to the second type if possible.
If it is not possible, then those filenames are using characters beyond the
256 lowest Unicode codepoints, which is not accepted by ECL.


Instituto de Física Fundamental, CSIC
c/ Serrano, 113b, Madrid 28006 (Spain)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <https://mailman.common-lisp.net/pipermail/ecl-devel/attachments/20101212/2eecadcf/attachment.html>

More information about the ecl-devel mailing list