[Ecls-list] ECL on LLP64 machines

Gabriel Dos Reis gdr at integrable-solutions.net
Wed Aug 11 00:31:34 UTC 2010

Hi Juanjo,

By way of necessity I ended up with only a Windows 7 64-bit machine
on travel. I managed to have mingw-w64 up and running flawlessly
(so far.)  I tried to compile ECL, but only to realize that it supports only
ILP or LP data model.  The windows box I am running is LLP-64.
Was that restriction intended, or is it just an accident of how ECL's
src/aclocal.m4 is currently written?  Speaking of which, I was curious
as to why ECL does not first try to probe for <stdint.h> and <inttypes.h>
and use predefined sized integer types from there, and only fall back to
the current detection scheme only if those headers are unavailable?

-- Gaby