[Ecls-list] ecl-10.4.1 doesn't compile maxima-5.20.1

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Sun Apr 11 21:05:43 UTC 2010

On Sun, Apr 11, 2010 at 10:52 PM, Andrey G. Grozin <A.G.Grozin at inp.nsk.su>wrote:

> On Sun, 11 Apr 2010, Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll wrote:
>
>> What flags are you building with? And what platform? Did you use both
>> fresh builds
>> from Maxima *and* ECL?
>> Maxima is building fine on all machines I have
>>
>> http://ecls.sourceforge.net/logs_lib/intel64.butthreads/maxima.log
>>

> Gentoo Linux. Fresh ecl-10.4.1 configured with
>
> --with-system-gmp --enable-boehm=system --enable-longdouble --enable-gengc
> --enable-precisegc --enable-threads --enable-unicode

Please do not use unstable flags. --enable-precisegc and --enable-gengc are
there for convenience, so that people interested in developing ECL can use
and test them. --enable-gengc and --enable-threads are having
incompatibilities.

Besides this, it is not recommended to use --enable-threads if you are just
building Maxima. Threads cause a significant overhead for all applications
and Maxima is a single-threaded one!

http://tream.dreamhosters.com