[Ecls-list] ecl-10.4.1 doesn't compile maxima-5.20.1

Andrey G. Grozin A.G.Grozin at inp.nsk.su
Sun Apr 11 20:52:03 UTC 2010

On Sun, 11 Apr 2010, Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll wrote:
> What flags are you building with? And what platform? Did you use both fresh builds
> from Maxima *and* ECL?
> Maxima is building fine on all machines I have
>
> http://ecls.sourceforge.net/logs_lib/intel64.butthreads/maxima.log

Gentoo Linux. Fresh ecl-10.4.1 configured with

--with-system-gmp --enable-boehm=system --enable-longdouble --enable-gengc
--enable-precisegc --enable-threads --enable-unicode

(I'm making ecl and maxima ebuilds; it is an absolite taboo to use
non-system libraries, like gmp and boehm-gc. The versions are gmp-4.3.2,
boehm-gc-7.2_alpha4).

Compiled by gcc-4.4.3 with -O2 -march=pentium-m (my processor).

Then I patched maxima-5.10.1 following
http://osdir.com/ml/sage-devel/2010-04/msg00077.html (thanks to Mike
Hansen), configured it with
--enable-ecl
and run make. No errors during compilation. After installation, maxima is
usable - I've run a few simple calculations. But running testsuite hangs.

Maybe, I should remove precisegc and/or gengc?

Andrey