[Ecls-list] Placement of ASDF:MAKE-BUILD's output vs. new ASDF

Samium Gromoff _deepfire at feelingofgreen.ru
Mon Apr 5 18:15:12 UTC 2010

The new ASDF has an unfortunate side-effect of placing the final
product of ASDF:MAKE-BUILD in an unpredictable location --
along with other binaries within the place deemed by ASDF as
binary cache storage directory.

For example, in my case that's how the final link looks like:

;;; Note:
;;;   Invoking external command:
;;;   gcc -shared -o "C:/D&S/Fooish Bar/Local Settings/Temporary Internet Files/common-lisp/usr/src/
mcoredb/mcoredb-imodel3-mono.fasb" -Wl,--export-all-symbols -L"d:/usr/src/ecl-bin" "C:/TEMP/ECL8C2.o
" "C:/D&S/Fooish Bar/Local Settings/Temporary Internet Files/common-lisp/usr/src/mcoredb/libmcoredb-
imodel3.a"      -lecl  -lgc    -lm -lws2_32

I mildly suspect that you could revert it somehow, using
an ASDF-level knob, but probably only on an all-or-nothing basis,
so I think that this is a moderately undesirable default behavior.

--
regards,
  Samium Gromoff