[Ecls-list] with-accessors && declare

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Sun Apr 4 10:08:50 UTC 2010

On Sun, Apr 4, 2010 at 6:01 AM, Matthew Mondor <mm_lists at pulsar-zone.net>wrote:

> I had the opportunity to test the new code, and no more error occurs.

I ran the tests but there is some problem in my setup and I get random
breaks of the build process -- totally unrelated to ECL --, but nothing
seems broken.

> I still see an ecl_make_integer() call per litteral number in the
> resulting code despite the TYPE FIXNUM declarations, but I'm not sure
> if ECL supports unboxed types.

If your C-INLINE form lists a :fixnum as output, ECL can use the value
directly. But if you use, say, :long or :int, then it HAS to use
ecl_make_integer() because it does not know the value of the quantity -- it
does not matter whether you precede this with a declaration, it is in the
C-INLINE processor not the the compiler itself.

http://tream.dreamhosters.com