[Ecls-list] What's the latest stable version ?

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 29 09:17:32 UTC 2009

On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 5:56 AM, Dr. David Kirkby
<david.kirkby at onetel.net> wrote:
> http://ecls.sourceforge.net/ shows a big 9.9.1 in the top right hand
> side, so I assumed this was the latest version. But the latest I can
> download is 9.8.4

I have not produced any release. The number up in the webpage is
obtained from ecl/src/configure.in and it marks the different
evolution. I am afraid I will not be able to produce a new release
before the month ends (maybe Friday?) so the release number will
probably change in the mean time.

> Another question. Was the requirement for a C99 compiler resolved? I
> tried to build the version of ECL in Sage (a snapshot of the CVS taken
> on the 13th September, and it fails as the compiler needs to be C99. I
> believe that requirement was fixed, but I am not sure.

> It downloading the latest CVS  likely to be safe. I can easily add the
> option -xc99 to the compiler to get c99 capability, but it would be good
> if you could avoid a c99 requirement.

Please refrain from using CVS until we have sorted out the remaining
problems. Yesterday I found one regarding clear-input and the new,
unbuffered streams, and I expect a couple more as the week proceeds. I
expect this all to stabilize in a couple of days.