[Ecls-list] What's the latest stable version ?

Dr. David Kirkby david.kirkby at onetel.net
Tue Sep 29 03:56:46 UTC 2009

http://ecls.sourceforge.net/ shows a big 9.9.1 in the top right hand
side, so I assumed this was the latest version. But the latest I can
download is 9.8.4

Another question. Was the requirement for a C99 compiler resolved? I
tried to build the version of ECL in Sage (a snapshot of the CVS taken
on the 13th September, and it fails as the compiler needs to be C99. I
believe that requirement was fixed, but I am not sure.

It downloading the latest CVS  likely to be safe. I can easily add the
option -xc99 to the compiler to get c99 capability, but it would be good
if you could avoid a c99 requirement.

Dave