[Ecls-list] Trigger action when data structure is updated?

Rui Maciel rui.maciel at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 11:30:29 UTC 2009

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll wrote:
> You can probably cook up the same thing with either a minimal
> knowledge of CLOS and metaclasses or my hand-crafting the accessors to
> your slots. However, as it has been pointed out, this is really a
> Common-Lisp question, not particular to the implementation itself, so
> there are better places to ask: comp.lang.lisp, Lisp Forum, etc

Sorry about that. I don't have any experience with Lisp but I'm considering
the idea of relying on Lisp, through ecl, as a scripting language for an
application I intend to develop. So in order to see if it's a good idea to
adopt ecl I'm trying to figure out if it is possible to do this sort of stuff to
begin with. It's nice to know it may be possible to implement the same feature
without the need for an external library. Nice one.

So thanks for the help,
Rui Maciel