[Ecls-list] Two Questions...

Brit Butler redline6561 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 00:12:50 UTC 2009

Thanks for your help regarding interrupts. I'd love a bit more help with my
build problems. I've uploaded the relevant files to my webserver. See
http://redlinernotes.com/docs/echo/
Here is my problem:
I have an asdf definition that seems to conform to the manual. I have a
simple lisp program in a single file that depends on the external-program
library.
I start ecl, and run (asdf:make-build :test :type :program :monolithic t
:epilogue-code '(progn (main) (ext:quit 0))). The program seems to build
succesfully.
I try to run "./test-mono" at the command line. It should use the
external-program library to call "echo 'hello world'" in bash. Instead I
see:

Module error: Don't know how to REQUIRE EXTERNAL-PROGRAM.
No restarts available.

Broken at NIL. In: #<process SI:TOP-LEVEL 08118fc0>.

EXTERNAL-PROGRAM>>

I also cannot use Ctrl-D or Ctrl-C to exit. I'm pretty confused at what's
going on here though admit that it seems to build correctly. Any ideas?

Regards,
Brit