[Ecls-list] Two Questions...

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 22 21:08:43 UTC 2009

On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 10:19 PM, Samium Gromoff
<_deepfire at feelingofgreen.ru> wrote:
> It's not very clear, from your examples, what exactly you are doing,
> so I'll just skip to explanation.

I will also add a better source of explanation
http://ecls.sourceforge.net/new-manual/ which includes a section on
what Samium has just introduced:
http://ecls.sourceforge.net/new-manual/ch16.html

Regarding your particular problem, you may be seeing a problem with
how you define your package in your code. Without a minimal example we
can not tell you what is going wrong.

> Off the top of my head I can't come up with a 1-to-1 translation
> to the "handler" semantics of SBCL.

There is currently nothing equivalent that works in a multithreaded
ECL with more than one thread running. If you only have one thread,
then you can do exactly what Samiun said

> (handler-case <form-protected-against-SIGINT>
>  (si::interactive-interrupt ()
>     <action>))

But use the prefix EXT: instead of SI:, as I am planning to finally
split sanctioned extensions in a separate package any time soon.