[Ecls-list] Latest changes, 5/10/2009

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 5 10:14:52 UTC 2009

* Windows:

 - The latest version of Visual Studio introduced a number of automatically
   generated files (*.implib, *.manifest, *.expdef) which are not used at
   all by ECL, but which were also not deleted, causing the temporary
   directory to be filled with garbage.

 - FASLs created by COMPILE and LOAD in the directory for temporary files are
   now properly deleted before exiting ECL.

 - ECL now embeds the manifest file in the generated executables and shared
   libraries.

The first problem was the cause that ECL's automated tests failed
systematically during the last few days.

Note that the changes involve the use of new tools (mt.exe to embed
the manifest files) and new compiler and linker flags
(/incremental:no, etc, etc). I would be very grateful if people using
Windows compilers other than Visual Studio 2008 Express could build
and test the latest CVS version.

After this I will produce a new release, 9.10.1, leaving the
integration of the latest garbage collector for either 9.10.2 or
later.