[Ecls-list] cygwin

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Sun Nov 1 19:33:58 UTC 2009

[I removed fricas-devel from the CC, because I am not subscribed]

Hi Martin,

I have fixed a couple of problems with the cygwin port. The log is
below, but everything is related to yet another dlopen() problem:
namely, it does not like filenames without file extensions. This
prevented ECL from making a copy of every fasl it loads, so that when
a file is recompiled it cannot be reloaded. I think this might explain
some of your problems when building fricas with ECL: I presume fricas
compiles and recompiles itself several times.

Juanjo

commit 5b9d7c562b25c9543231de7cde062029cb0a167c
Author: Juan Jose Garcia Ripoll <jjgarcia at jjgr-2.local>
Date:   Sun Nov 1 20:28:04 2009 +0100

    src/c/load.d:
    * In cygwin, FASL files can not lack a file extension, because dlopen()
      then looks for a file ending in .dll and fails.
    * In cygwin, files that are dlopen'ed must have executable permissions.

commit db15bbaa83aad70b74c18b714aa62116513352e3