[Ecls-list] Problems building HEAD with ECL_UNICODE on windows

Gabriel Barta gbarta at gmail.com
Mon May 25 15:50:02 UTC 2009

Hi everyone,
I tried compiling the latest git head with ECL_UNICODE=1 ECL_THREADS=1

I found that using ECL_UNICODE caused ecl_min to fail, which aborted the
build process.  I traced through this problem and ended up with the patch
which I have added at the patch tracker with ID 2796465.  I am new to ECL,
so I hope the patch is reasonable.  While this allows ecl to build and boot,
the unicode support itself still seems broken on windows, unless I am doing
something very wrong.

On a different note, I found that I got a 'not a lisp object' error on
initializing CLOS.  I took a few random stabs in the dark and found that
reverting this change fixes it:

I have no idea why reverting this change works; I couldn't make sense of
what was happening in the debugger.

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <https://mailman.common-lisp.net/pipermail/ecl-devel/attachments/20090526/0493b7d9/attachment.html>

More information about the ecl-devel mailing list