[Ecls-list] Windows port working again

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 30 12:49:18 UTC 2009

I have managed to get a virtual box with Windows XP up and running.
During the weekend I was solving a few problems, mostly related to the
code for handling interrupts, which had been left behind by other
ports.

The current code is working, though I did not have time to setup the
automated tests in this platform. Help is welcome from those who have
time to find out problems with it. I did not have a chance to install
and thest mingw, though.

The only thing that is missing is to identify _why_ the POSIX streams
do not work in Windows. I have had to make C streams the default file
type, which does not mean a great harm for other ports, because the
speed is similar. However, there seems to be some problem with the
current code in Windows, which causes ECL to think that a file has
reached the EOF when it has not. If you want to test or debug this,
replace  (cstream Ct) with (cstream Cnil) on line 4218 from
src/c/file.d Typically ECL will fail to find the entry point from file
clos/conditions.obj

In any case the release will be postponed a couple of days until the
problems with OpenAxiom and CL-FAD are solved.