[Ecls-list] ECL compilation under MSVC

"Procházka Lukáš Ing. - Pontex s. r. o." LPr at pontex.cz
Fri Mar 27 10:39:12 UTC 2009

Thank you for the answer.

I'll try the described method.

But I still have intention to use a MSVC project (.dsp / .dsw / .vcproj
/ .sln).

The MSVC allows you to see files, classes and resources in a tree view,
so you can get a overall point-of-view what everything is part of ECL
project. So it is usefull to be able to create a MSVC project. And at
least, you have to know which files to include in it. (Then the question
how to compile and link them follows.)

I see the CL/ECL come in most cases from UNIX/Linux "space", but maybe
someone uses MSVC and passed successfully the way creating a MSVC
project or converting makefile to a MSVC project.

(Notice: MS Visual Studion 2008 Express Edition if free even for
commercial use. It doesn' offer all functions as the "full" version, but
it works well. Especially for [Windows] console applications there
should be no more requirements for functionality.)

Regards,

Lukas Prochazka

PS:

How to response correctly to this mailng list? To "reply" or "reply to
all"? What's necessary in the "to", "subject" and/or "Cc" of the
responsing message to be placed correctly to the tree of answers in the
mailing list?