[Ecls-list] Status of mingw + msvc, update

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Fri Jul 24 17:48:33 UTC 2009

Ok, after all I had to stay a little bit longer. Seems the mingw port
only works without threads. The reason is that version 7.1 of the
Boehm-Weiser garbage collector does not build _with_ windows threads
in mingw. It does not have such problems with cygwin, though, but the
cygwin port is broker for other reason mentioned before.

So the status is

+ mingw + single-threaded
+ msvc + single-threaded
+ msvc + multi-threaded

I have managed to set up the automated tests for msvc. It seems the
problem was not really a sigsegv, but an assertion in the C library
which was activated by ECL_DEBUG=1 The assertion is harmless (related
to the value of a character), but Windows aborts, so please do not use
ECL_DEBUG=1 when building your copy of ECL.