[Ecls-list] ECL shootout

Gabriel Dos Reis gdr at integrable-solutions.net
Fri Jul 3 08:29:38 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jul 3, 2009 at 2:35 AM, Gabriel Dos
Reis<gdr at integrable-solutions.net> wrote:

> I just did a search and hit this message
>
>   http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2007-04/msg00248.html
>
> and Dan's reply
>
>    http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2007-04/msg00250.html
>
> suggests 'sprof' or 'oprofile'.  'oprofile' is not an option.
> So, I'll try 'sprof'.

so, sprof is under-documented -- you have to know how to invoke
it before you read the manual because the manual does not tell you.

I found

  http://www.sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2003-07/msg00029.html

I did not have much success with it (no xxx.profile was created anywhere
on my filesystem), and sprof does not like the usual gmon.profile created.

It is late here, so I'm going to bed -- I still think the automatic static
link work around has the better hand so far :-)

-- Gaby