[Ecls-list] ECL on iPhone?

Elliott Slaughter elliottslaughter at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 04:16:14 UTC 2009

On Sun, Dec 13, 2009 at 7:45 AM, Ram Krishnan <kriyative at gmail.com> wrote:

>  Elliott Slaughter wrote:
>
> On Sat, Dec 12, 2009 at 9:01 AM, Ram Krishnan <kriyative at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Hi Elliott,
>>
>> I started with Red Daly's work (which you referenced), cleaned up a few
>> dependencies, and got ECL running in both the simulator and device. You can
>> checkout a copy from github:
>>
>> http://github.com/kriyative/ecl-iphone-builder
>>
>> It's based on ecl-9.8.4, and requires a newer Boehm-GC (gc-7.2alpha2).
>>
>> I still have some changes to the UIKit ffi code, which I've not checked in
>> yet (mostly to do with Autorelease pools etc.). Other than that you should
>> be able to build, and connect to ECL via SLIME. Let me know if you run into
>> any issues.
>>

>  I cloned your repo and tried the instructions in the README, but the
> build still failed. For a while it looked like it was doing something, and
> it even loaded ECL and started compiling something, but after a while it
> ended with the following:
> /Users/elliott/Programming/Lisp/ecl-iphone-builder/ecl-9.8.4/build/cross_config:
> line 25: syntax error near unexpected token `)'
>
> Please check the comments in this post:
>
> http://funcall.posterous.com/ecl-on-iphone-redux
>
> I've also updated the git repo with the patches from the commenter. This
> might fix your build issue.

Yes, the issue posted by the commenter resulted in the error I saw.
Curiously, however, I needed to quadruple-escape instead of double-escape in
order to fix the issue.

However, even after fixing that, I still the following error:

checking whether ln -s works... yes
An error occurred during initialization:
Module error: Don't know how to REQUIRE ASDF..
configure: error: The program ECL-MIN is not installed in your system
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
cp: build/*.a: No such file or directory
chmod:
/Users/elliott/Programming/Lisp/ecl-iphone-builder/iphone/device/lib/ecl*/dpp:
No such file or directory
chmod:
/Users/elliott/Programming/Lisp/ecl-iphone-builder/iphone/device/lib/ecl*/ecl_min:
No such file or directory
/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin/lipo: can't open
input file:
/Users/elliott/Programming/Lisp/ecl-iphone-builder/iphone/device/lib/libbytecmp.a
(No such file or directory)
/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin/lipo: can't open
input file:
/Users/elliott/Programming/Lisp/ecl-iphone-builder/iphone/device/lib/libecl.a
(No such file or directory)
/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin/lipo: can't open
input file:
/Users/elliott/Programming/Lisp/ecl-iphone-builder/iphone/device/lib/libeclgc.a
(No such file or directory)
/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin/lipo: can't open
input file:
/Users/elliott/Programming/Lisp/ecl-iphone-builder/iphone/device/lib/libeclgmp.a
(No such file or directory)
/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin/lipo: can't open
input file:
/Users/elliott/Programming/Lisp/ecl-iphone-builder/iphone/device/lib/libserve-event.a
(No such file or directory)
/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin/lipo: can't open
input file:
/Users/elliott/Programming/Lisp/ecl-iphone-builder/iphone/device/lib/libsockets.a
(No such file or directory)

--
Elliott Slaughter

"Don't worry about what anybody else is going to do. The best way to predict
the future is to invent it." - Alan Kay