[Ecls-list] ECL on iPhone?

Elliott Slaughter elliottslaughter at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 19:36:22 UTC 2009

On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 2:42 AM, Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll <
juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 5:05 AM, Elliott Slaughter
> <elliottslaughter at gmail.com> wrote:
> > So far all I've found is the blog post from March [1]. I grabbed a copy
> of
> > the git repo, but it doesn't want to compile for me. As stated in the
> post,
> > the build script doesn't stop on errors, so I'm not sure where exactly
> it's
> > breaking, but I can attach a transcript if that would be helpful.
> > Thanks.
> > [1]
> http://lambdajive.wordpress.com/2009/03/27/common-lisp-on-iphone-ecl-comes-through-at-last/
>
> I am afraid those build instructions have become outdated. Actually
> what is provided is not patches for iPhone support, but a script that
> merges some changes and builds everything. We thus have no chance
> right now of porting those changes. First because they are not so
> easily identifiable, second because they are too old and third because
> I do not have an iPhone development environment. I regret to say this,
> but I myself do not have the time or tools to support this platform
> without help.

I'd like to help :-) I have the iPhone SDK installed, so I can at least do
builds for you. I hope I don't have to start completely from scratch, but I
can try to do whatever steps are necessary to get it to build again.

Let me know what I can do. Thanks.

--
Elliott Slaughter

"Don't worry about what anybody else is going to do. The best way to predict
the future is to invent it." - Alan Kay