[Ecls-list] New 'random bug in 9.12.1

Waldek Hebisch hebisch at math.uni.wroc.pl
Tue Dec 1 21:54:06 UTC 2009

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll
> No, a different bug related to RANDOM was reported yesterday afternoon
> and I produced a fix that seems to work on the systems which I could
> test. Obviously the sample was not large enough and it breaks for
> 64-bits machines. What I can't explain is why the test farm did not
> reveal the problem this morning.

Maybe it _sometimes_ works?  Today on my machine I see the same problem
as Pascal Costanza.  After setting time back one day (random 100)
crashed but I was able to do

(random (expt 2 10000))

After setting time to correct value the above crashes.  As far as
I remember the testcase I reported worked yesterday using version
I pulled from git.  Today the same version has problem...

--
                              Waldek Hebisch
hebisch at math.uni.wroc.pl