[Ecls-list] Fwd: [Maxima-lang-fr] Probleme de mémoire

Robert Dodier robert.dodier at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 01:05:58 UTC 2009

On 8/27/09, Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll
<juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com> wrote:

> This should be easily done from Maxima typing
>    :lisp (ext:set-limit 'ext:heap-size (* 1024 1024 1024))

Hmm, I'd like to make the heap size bigger by default in Maxima,
but I don't know how to match the heap size to the available
physical memory. Is it OK to make the default heap size
bigger than available memory? Should the heap size be only
some fixed fraction (1/2 ? 1/3 ? something else?) of physical
memory? I can put #+ecl (ext:set-limit ...) in Maxima's initialization
code, but I don't know what size to tell it.

Thanks for any advice,

Robert Dodier