[Ecls-list] Fwd: [Maxima-lang-fr] Probleme de mémoire

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 27 18:47:04 UTC 2009

Please note that ECL is the Common Lisp implementation that is running
Maxima on your platform. The memory limits ECL has are by default too
small for big applications, but it is intentionally done so. However,
changing them is pretty easy

The different memory limits that can be independently controlled are listed here
    http://ecls.sourceforge.net/new-manual/re34.html
So for instance, in your case, which hits the dynamically allocated
memory limit, you might need the statement
    (ext:set-limit 'ext:heap-size (* 1024 1024 1024))
in order get 1GB memory limit.

This should be easily done from Maxima typing
   :lisp (ext:set-limit 'ext:heap-size (* 1024 1024 1024))

This question has been asked about several times in the last months,
either privately, via Sage mailing list or in similar ways. I would
say it is time that Maxima begins doing something more than just
ignoring Common Lisp conditions and printing the error messages from
the lisp behind ;-)

Juanjo