[Ecls-list] Compilation on solaris

Christian Lynbech christian at defun.dk
Sat Aug 22 18:01:17 UTC 2009

>>>>> "Juan" == Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll <juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com> writes:

Juan> Did you use the mandated flag --enable-slow-config ?

No, I didn't. I often just do a configure --help and see how far I get, I
shouldn't obviously have checked the manual.

I was able to manage the problems with GMP by either using a system
version of GMP or by setting the ABI environment variable. Neither way
worked (i.e. it still failed during lisp bootstrap). I also tried
disabling threads without that makign any difference.

The solaris machine is at work, I will give it a second try Monday.
That will also enable me to get hold of the precise error reported and
the solaris system version.

At least I now know that Solaris is supposed to be supported :-)

                              -- Christian