[Ecls-list] Compilation on solaris

Dr. David Kirkby david.kirkby at onetel.net
Sat Aug 22 10:38:13 UTC 2009

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 22, 2009 at 4:39 AM, Raymond Toy<toy.raymond at gmail.com> wrote:
>> FWIW, I have built ecl on solaris/sparc.  --enable-slow-config was very
>> helpful.  According to config.status, I used --enable-slow-config
>> ABI=32.  This was for 8.12 or so.  I haven't tried anything newer yet.
>
> I have verified my logs. ECL was built successfully on August the 19th
> using the CVS version with the flags in
> http://ecls.sourceforge.net/logs.html That was on system where uname
> returns
>
> SunOS t2 5.10 Generic_141414-02 sun4v sparc SUNW,T5240
>
> It is difficult for me interpreting OS versions, but I would say it is
> pretty recent, given the hardware's age.
>
> It is building again so that I make sure I did not break anything.
>
> Juanjo

I can confirm that the 't2' you were using is a Sun T5240, it is running
Solaris 10 update 7

kirkby at t2:[~] $ cat /etc/release
                        Solaris 10 5/09 s10s_u7wos_08 SPARC
            Copyright 2009 Sun Microsystems, Inc.  All Rights Reserved.
                         Use is subject to license terms.
                              Assembled 30 March 2009

I was the person that actually installed that OS!

ECL builds for me ok on Solaris SPARC (on both 't2' and another machine)
using a 32-bit ABI. As for using a 64-bit ABI, I have never tried.

Dave