[Ecls-list] About regression tests and libraries

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 6 21:43:15 UTC 2009

On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 7:25 PM, Luke J Crook<luke at balooga.com> wrote:
> Elliott Slaughter <elliottslaughter at ...> writes:
>> I've been having difficulty running Alexandria (and thus CFFI) on Windows,
>> which is why I was wondering if anyone else had observed the same results.
>
> After compiling ECL with Visual C++, I get the following error when trying to
> load CFFI/Alexandria.
> A dialog box appears with the following;
> "ecl2.exe - Bad Image"

Do not use ECL from the build directory. Right after you finished
building it, use nmake .... install (where ... stands for whatever
flags you passed). It will create a directory "package" that you can
move and rename as you wish. It contains an executable, called
ecl.exe, which is the application you can use.

I did a quick test and using "nmake ECL_THREADS=1 ECL_UNICODE=1" and
the very latest sources (a couple hours old) I am able to load
alexandria. I did not try CFFI. It is late and I must give a talk
early tomorrow.