[Ecls-list] ECL libffi issues

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 4 06:58:31 UTC 2009

On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 1:42 AM, David A. Ventimiglia<ventimig at msu.edu> wrote:
> Sorry, don't mean to be a pain, and I promise I won't bump this issue
> again, but I was wondering if anyone has any insight?

I am still in the process of downloading and installing all the
libraries you mentioned. GSLL has quite many dependencies, and CFFI
even more.

> TIt's just that, it all works fine without
> changing a thing in SBCL and in CLISP, and yet it doesn't work in ECL.
> Again, the issue is that ECL appears not to be looking for libffi.so
> in /usr/lib, but rather in $HOME.  It's probably something simple.
> Anyway, thanks everyone.

We have discussed here already that the CFFI backend for ECL is not on
par with those from SBCL and CLISP. So it may be either's fault. Just
to give you a feeling, in order to answer your question I will have to
debug cffi as well.