[Ecls-list] ECL libffi issues

David A. Ventimiglia ventimig at msu.edu
Mon Aug 3 19:28:57 UTC 2009

Hello,

I'm running ECL 9.7.1 on Ubuntu (jaunty) on i386 and appear to have a
(probably minor) problem with the libffi support.  I built 9.7.1 ok from
source, and both make and make install seemed to go ok.  As I mentioned
in another email to this list, ecl wouldn't run however, without
adding /usr/local/lib to my LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable.  No big deal.
Don't know if that's related to this next problem, though.

I'm trying to use Liam Healy's wonderfull GSLL
(http://common-lisp.net/project/gsll/#contact), but when I do

 (asdf:operate 'asdf:load-op :gsll)

I get the following error:

"/home/dventimi/.local/share/common-lisp/source/fsbv/init.fas"

Unable to load foreign library (NIL).
  LOAD-FOREIGN-MODULE: Could not load foreign module "libffi.so" (Error:
"/home/dventimi/libffi.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file
or directory")

Why is it looking for libffi.so in my home directory?  libffi.so is
in /usr/lib.  I added that directory also to LD_LIBRARY_PATH, but no
dice this time.  What am I doing wrong?

Best,
David A. Ventimiglia

--