[Ecls-list] ECL build issues

David A. Ventimiglia ventimig at msu.edu
Mon Aug 3 19:22:16 UTC 2009

Hello,

I built ECL 9.7.1 successfully on Ubuntu (Jaunty) on i386 platform, and
make install seemed to work ok, but when I tried to run ecl I got this
error:

ecl: error while loading shared libraries: libecl.so.9.7: cannot open

Maybe my system's not set up correctly, but I don't typically get this
sort of error when I build other applications from source.  It's not a
huge deal, though, (I think) as I can run ecl after
adding /usr/local/lib to my LD_LIBRARY_CONF environment variable in
my .bashrc script.  But--assuming I haven't set up my system
incorrectly--isn't this something that's typically handled by make
install?

Best,
David A. Ventimiglia

--