[Ecls-list] Solaris SPARC issues with Sun complier - location of gmp specified.

Julian Stecklina js at alien8.de
Sun Aug 2 18:57:08 UTC 2009

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll
<juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com> writes:

> On Sun, Aug 2, 2009 at 8:21 PM, Dr. David Kirkby<david.kirkby-pAvbn/J+kRasTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>>> On 't2' there is a huge range of compilers. Type the contents of /etc/motd
>> and it will tell you how to use a particular one. There is no 4.4.1, though
>> there is a pre-release version of it.
>
> On 'fulvia', the Solaris/Intel cluster there is gcc 4.4.1, and it is
> there I found the problems. In t2, using the default compiler, gcc
> 4.2.4 I did not see this problem with inlines.

Maybe GCC has fixed a long standing issue that is explained in the
following mail:

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2006-11/msg00006.html

Basically, it boils down to:

   The problem, as many people know, is that the tradition gcc
   definition of "extern inline" is incompatible with the C99
   definition.  The meanings are approximately reversed.

HTH
--
Julian Stecklina

The day Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck is probably the day
they start making vacuum cleaners - Ernst Jan Plugge