[Ecls-list] Solaris SPARC issues with Sun complier - location of gmp specified.

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Sun Aug 2 18:41:12 UTC 2009

On Sun, Aug 2, 2009 at 8:21 PM, Dr. David Kirkby<david.kirkby at onetel.net> wrote:
>> On 't2' there is a huge range of compilers. Type the contents of /etc/motd
> and it will tell you how to use a particular one. There is no 4.4.1, though
> there is a pre-release version of it.

On 'fulvia', the Solaris/Intel cluster there is gcc 4.4.1, and it is
there I found the problems. In t2, using the default compiler, gcc
4.2.4 I did not see this problem with inlines.

In any case, ECL has finally built with MPIR on Solaris/Intel without
a single change: just passing the right arguments to the configuration
program. So you might consider the problem kind of solved for Sage,
implying more work for me towards a new release -- either find out how
to avoid the extern inline problems or move towards MPIR (in which
case the release will be delayed)