[Ecls-list] News about release and more

Gabriel Dos Reis gdr at integrable-solutions.net
Thu Apr 2 04:33:21 UTC 2009

On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 11:31 AM, Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll
<juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com> wrote:
> I have fixed a lot of typos affecting different parts of ECL: handling
> of C streams, compiling certain global function calls, compilation of
> FSET, etc.
>
> Right now ECL seems to be able to build OpenAxiom,

Another data point: This version of ECL can build OpenAxiom
in the default safety mode. Yay!

[ You probably remember that there was an outstanding bug
   in the ECL compiler that seemed to require maximum safety
   to build.  That is gone now.  I would have loved to see exactly
   which part of the compiler codes was responsible for that... ]

In default safety mode and maximum speed mode, the
ECL-based build takes 3 hours to complete.  In comparison,
GCL-based build takes 27 mins, and an SBCL-based one
takes 35 minutes on the same machine.

But the most important point is that the safety-workaround
is no longer needed for OpenAxiom.  I'm looking forward to
this release of ECL.

Thanks!

-- Gaby