[Ecls-list] [bug] forward-referenced superclasses

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 18 07:32:42 UTC 2008

On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 8:33 AM, Daniel Herring <dherring at tentpost.com> wrote:
> I think this was a regression in ecl since 0.9k (tried with 0.9l and
> recent git 8.9.0).
>
> Anyway, a class definition like
> (defclass b (a) (x))
> (defclass a () (y))
> now gives a warning; this can cause ASDF compilations to fail as in

There is no regression. The only thing is that _now_ ASDF sees all
warnings and errors that happen in the compilation phase. I think to
abort on warnings is excessive, not to say stupid: who stops building
a C/C++ program because it shows up with a warning about
integer/unsigned integer comparisons? Bfff, anyway, to keep ASDF
compatible with the source code, I will change the class of the
warning

Instituto de Física Fundamental
CSIC, Serrano, 113, Madrid 28040 (Spain)