[Ecls-list] "Silent" ECL

Christian Svensson info at cmd.nu
Thu Sep 11 16:53:32 UTC 2008

Hello

I'm planing on using ECL for gameplay logic and would like to know how to
handle all errors on my own.

Example:
I have an SDL window with some kind of ingame GUI. The user writes some LISP
and presses Save.
Boom, the program freezes and some weird things are displayed on stdout.

Now, I know why I get presented a top level prompt - but what I want to know
is how I can handle the errors myself like this:

cl_load / si_eval_with_env / whatnot returns some kind of error object and
provides me with a way to
get a string with a human readable error message ("The function XXXX is
undefined"). Also, it should not try to handle
signals.

In short, ECL should be a library - not a program.

Is this possible?

P.S. Where can I find more information about all the functions and
cl_objects? At the moment I've resorted
to reading the source code and browsing the mailinglist but surely there
must be something else somewhere? D.S

Greetings,
--
Christian Svensson