[Ecls-list] ECL on iPhone

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 11 06:32:55 UTC 2008

On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 9:39 AM, Red Daly <reddaly at gmail.com> wrote:

> (gdb) print fname->symbol.name->base_string.self
> $6 = (unsigned char *) 0x12e390 "CDECL"

That is a symbol that appears in FFI calls and definitions. Could you try
building ECL without the compiler. It does not make sense for you to install
the compiler in the iPhone when it is not going to have gcc around. I would
also deactivate all default extensions from the following list, at least
until you get a running image

  --with-tcp              include socket interface (default=YES)
  --with-serve-event      include serve-event module (default=YES)
  --with-asdf             include ASDF building facility (default=YES if
                          shared library support is on)
  --with-defsystem        include DEFSYSTEM building facility (default=YES
if
                          shared library support is on)
  --with-cmp              build in the compiler (default=YES)
  --with-rt               include MIT-RT testing environment (default=YES)
  --with-profile          include CMUCL's simple profiler (default=YES if
                          Boehm-Weiser garbage collector used)

Instituto de Física Fundamental
CSIC, Serrano, 113, Madrid 28040 (Spain)