[Ecls-list] Can't compile ECL from CVS

Jeronimo Pellegrini jpn at aleph0.info
Mon Sep 1 21:25:47 UTC 2008

On Mon, Sep 01, 2008 at 09:18:49PM +0200, Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 30, 2008 at 12:14 PM, Jeronimo Pellegrini <jpn at aleph0.info> wrote:
> > Is there something I missed?
>
> Not really. The only thing I can think of is that you got a partial
> CVS update. This may happen if you download from CVS while I am
> uploading patches. A second "cvs update", or "git pull", should clean
> the sources -- but then you have to do a clean rebuild, because the
> incomplete sources might have left your "build" directory in a bogus
> state.

Ah, OK. I had actually updated the CVS copy several times, but it
didn't work. Then I checked out from git and it worked...

Thank you!

By the way, the recent changes in ECL made it *much* faster for me!
This micro-benchmark [0]:
http://aleph0.info/spartns/
used to take several hours to finish with ECL and now it's as fast
as other Lisps! Congratulations and thanks for the good work.

J.

[0] I know micro-benchmarks have problems, but they can be useful
sometimes.