[Ecls-list] Fixes for the current git master, MSVC and not.

David Brown lisp at davidb.org
Fri Oct 31 01:05:41 UTC 2008

On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 09:50:50PM +0100, Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll wrote:

>Now, as for the fetch command, can I use it repeatedly? Will it fetch
>your newest changes and will they rebased to the new tip of my master
>branch? If this is so then I can just use git diff to get the patches,
>am I wrong?

The best thing to do is setup a new remote:

   git remote add otherperson git://otherpersonutl

   git fetch otherperson

Then, everytime you do a 'git fetch otherperson' it will update the
otherperson/master (and possibly other) branches.

You can then freely merge or cherry pick between the branches.  You
can even base your own branches off of their work to play with them
and stuff.

David