[Ecls-list] cl-launch and ecl, again

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 30 18:59:12 UTC 2008

On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 6:43 PM, Faré <fahree at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Also, to save me a bit of work, what is the name of the file created
>>> by (asdf::make-build :cl-launch-program :type :program) ?
>>
>> I cannot tell you just like that, without knowing the platform and
>> your configuration settings. But the ANSI standard function
>> COMPILE-FILE-PATHNAME exists for this reason. Just pass it the same
>> type as you would pass to make-build.
>>
> Well, as previously reported (two years ago, when I first released
> cl-launch support for ecl - we don't get any younger, do we?),
> COMPILE-FILE-PATHNAME is not compliant, because it accepts a set of
> parameters different from COMPILE-FILE, whereas the standard mandates
> that any extension supported by COMPILE-FILE must be supported by
> COMPILE-FILE-PATHNAME. I have to call the former with :type :object
> and the latter with :system-p t.

Not really. You are probably using a too old version.
COMPILE-FILE-PATHNAME works fine with the _same_ set of options as
COMPILE-FILE

ECL is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
under certain conditions; see file 'Copyright' for details.
Type :h for Help.  Top level.
> (compile-file-pathname "foo")
#P"foo.fas"
> (compile-file-pathname "foo" :system-p t)
#P"foo.o"

Thanks for the other files and the detailed description of the
problem. I will download them and investigate it during the following
days -- cannot promise full commitment, though, as I will be
travelling.