[Ecls-list] Fixes for the current git master, MSVC and not.

Samium Gromoff _deepfire at feelingofgreen.ru
Thu Oct 30 05:32:14 UTC 2008

From: "Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll" <juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com>
> On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 5:36 PM, Samium Gromoff
> <_deepfire at feelingofgreen.ru> wrote:
> > The "local" branch on git://git.feelingofgreen.ru/ecl is tipped off
> > the current master and contains three trivial build fixes and one
> > substantive change to fix ASDF:MAKE-BUILD's behavior on MSVC.
>
> I have fixed most things except for the library changes you have,
> which I will commit later on. Everything is now both on CVS and on
> GIT.

I've renamed the branch to "win32-msvc-stable", and it contains a couple
more fixes (which aren't MSVC-specific) plus that /IMPLIB rerouting bit.

Speaking of which, I think it should be noted that the commit documented
as:

"Delete static libraries before creating a new one.
 Solves problems with new versions of already installed object files."

doesn't really help, as the import library and the output library are
created within the same invocation of CL.EXE. I'm not sure if that commit
was intended to fix that problem, though.

On an unrelated note -- do you prefer submissions via patches or
via git branches?

regards, Samium Gromoff