[Ecls-list] error building ecl from latest cvs

Robert Dodier robert.dodier at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 04:32:26 UTC 2008

On Sun, Oct 5, 2008 at 12:27 PM, Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll
<juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com> wrote:

> - The Boehm-Weiser garbage collector does not always cooperate with
> ECL. I have skimmed the code and, at least in theory, it seems that
> ECL's signal handler for SIGSEGV is saved by the garbage collector and
> called when it finds a SIGSEGV which is not related to the memory
> handled by the garbage collector.
>
> The combination of both problems might be what you experience. In
> particular, regarding the second problem, I have only seen it when ECL
> is built against precompiled versions of the library on Linux and
> using the generational garbage collector.

I built ECL w/ --enable-boehm=included (was using the default option before)
and it still segfaults. I didn't enable gengc.

Is there a way to disable the BW GC ? I tried to build ECL with --disable-boehm
but it complained:
configure: error: Boehm GC library is currently needed to build ECL

Thanks for any info,

Robert Dodier